Tuesday, September 02, 2003

2002 to Date, my Doula Work

Posted by PicasaThis work is a passion: being a Doula. What is a Doula? The word Doula comes from ancient Greece: the woman who supports with the mother during birth. It is Being there with her... working with pregnant women during the last weeks of pregnancy, during labor and birth and after-birth or post-partum. After many years of empyrical experience in Colombia, South America now in Ottawa I am trained by the Ottawa Carleton Birth Companion Program of Mothercraft, Certified as a Doula by DONA, -Doulas of North America-; I participate in Midwifery Consumers Group and in Confort & Joy Doula Association. http://www.dona.org/mothers/index.php Here I am working with mother, father and family;
birth may be at the Hospital or homebirth, or at a Birthing Centre.
It is a team work with Midwifes or Obstetrician.
My work is with the mother.
We may work either in English or Spanish.