Wednesday, March 08, 2006

2006 A new idea: Silleteros

End of march. End of Winter. Gloominess, the snow in not good for sports, Spring seems far away. Kirstin, at the OGP meeting proposes the Guild's members to participate in the City of Ottawa Tulip Festival with a pottery exhibit. As I drive back home I get a flash, it just comes: -"this is what I need! Spring. Flowers, color, life reborn. I think of Claudia, she will also live a New Spring. -YES! I will make flowers..." How? What? Next day I remember: in Medellin, Antioquia, our beautiful mountain region: the Silleteros, the parade of the flowers, the city of Eternal Spring... YES! I will make Silleteros, fusing our beautiful tropical flowers, honoring Antioquia and it's flowers and the tulips from Ottawa. Yes!!! "Silleteros". Sculptures start to flow. here, bisqueware, more work, more colors, more fireings.